Nivela Director, Monica Araya, will participate in the 2016 Integration Segment of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) on the theme "Implementing the 2030 Agenda through Policy innovation and integration". The event will be held from May 2nd to 4th 2016, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Agenda for Monday, May 2nd
10:30 – 13:00 Panel discussion
My Perfect Country – programme produced by the BBC World Service in collaboration with the Institute for Global Prosperity, University College London
- Ms. Fi Glover, Award-winning Broadcaster, Journalist and Writer, BBC World Service
- Ms. Henrietta Moore, Professor and Director of the Institute for Global Prosperity, University College London
- Mr. Hannes Astok, Director for Development and Strategy, Member of the Management Board, Head of Local e-Government Domain, e-Governance Academy, Estonia
- Ms. Monica Araya, Founder and Executive Director, Nivela, Costa Rica
- Mr. Gerald Abila, Founder and Director, Barefoot Law, Uganda
- Ms. Garima Sahai, Co-founder, Svadha, Sanitation Social Business, India
The presentations will be followed by an interactive discussion.
This invitation is a result of Monica Araya’s participation in the BBC World Service podcast "My Perfect Country", which focuses on sustainability lessons from Costa Rica. Monica also discussed insights about the need to include the transport and citizens dimension going forward –two dimensions that are getting a new attention not only in Costa Rica, but across Latin America.
You can follow Monica Araya @MonicaArayaTica